Wednesday, November 26, 2008

EDM310 Blog Experience

I must admit that I have had very little to do with blogs until this class. I have read some blogs before but never had a blog myself. My experience with blogging is that it is great for someone else but I have little time for it. I am too busy to spend time blogging. Blogging reminds me of writing a journal and I was never into that either. Because of this class though, I was forced to see other blogs that I would never have seen before and I learned things I didn't know. It isn't that I don't "get out", it is just not something for me. I explore the internet I use technology, but writing a blog is not for me.

I have learned a lot in this class using blogs. I am not sure that the subjects were something that I would have chosen. Blogs are a good way of having a lot of information stored from all around the world by using links and gadgets that are easily accessed. It affords the opportunity to communicate with others over long distances that would otherwise be impossible. There are, I agree, a world of possibilities and discoveries and yes blogging is a good way of sharing this information. So, for those who enjoy blogging then I say go for it.

I read Brett Kittrell's blog and I found it to be interesting and he seemed to enjoy making the posts from the sound of his entries. His blog is well constructed, organized and full of information. The photos that he used were good and his blog was almost up to date. I know that he has spent a lot of time on his work. I appreciate the time it takes to construct such a blog. Maybe he has blogged before and maybe he likes it.

Blogs are used in some of the classes that I have observed in but not many. Mostly, what I see are tutorial websites and test preparation websites being used. I don't know if it is because of a lack of funding or the time that is needed for test preparation is more important but I just don't see that many in the classrooms I have seen so far. I might try it in my classes if there is enough interest and funding for the computers.

No comments: